- Age/sex of your baby/babies? 4 month old b/g twins (4 months today!)
- How's it going, any upcoming doctor's appointments or developmental milestones you'd like to discuss? We have our 4 month check up Friday. L is rolling and grabbing his feet. V is holding her bottle and figured out how to take it out of her mouth. She gets pissed when she tries to put it back in and hits her eye. Their helmet consult is in two weeks.
- Do you have any questions or concerns that you'd like advice on? Feeding, sleeping, anything? Nothing atm... I'm hoping to get the go-ahead to start purees so we can do a mash up of purees and BLW.
- QOTW: All about fall - what are you looking forward to? Cool weather! Fall decorations!
- Our 4 month checkup is on Friday. More shots! 😢 He is rolling from tummy to back and propping himself up on his elbows during tummy time. He also started figuring out how to interact with toys rather than just batting at them.
- Not exactly a concern but just an annoyance... he's a really distracted eater in the evening before his bath. Now that I'm back at work, I only have a few opportunities to nurse, so I'm like STAAHHP. Tonight I tried something new where I put aside 30 minutes to just lay with him in bed in our dimly lit room and let him nurse as needed. He still rolled around a bit but seemed to get a full feeding.
- Definitely cooler weather....and football! October through December is my favorite time of the year.
- How's it going, any upcoming doctor's appointments or developmental milestones you'd like to discuss?
I need this kid to STTN more than once every few weeks. DS1 was a "trick" baby so we got very spoiled with him and sleep
- Do you have any questions or concerns that you'd like advice on? Feeding, sleeping, anything?
Nope. He doesn't like peaches which is funny because DS1 will eat peaches and peach yogurt all day if we let him. I'm not sure if oatmeal itself is making him gassy or if it's the oatmeal plus formula to make it. We're experimenting with trying quinoa for a few days mixed in only fruit then will add in formula. If the gas issues stop, I'll be talking to the pedi about a wheat intolerance
- QOTW: All about fall - what are you looking forward to? Apple picking. Cider donuts. Pumpkin can rot 😈
Post by dmorgendorfer on Sept 6, 2017 14:30:48 GMT
- Age/sex of your baby/babies? Baby girl will be 4 months next week.
- How's it going, any upcoming doctor's appointments or developmental milestones you'd like to discuss? Her 4 month appt is on the 18th. She's rolling both ways and starting to interact with her toys more. I got the sit me up seat because she loves to be held so that she's sitting up, but she only likes being in the seat for about 5 minutes before she decides she absolutely hates it.
- Do you have any questions or concerns that you'd like advice on? Feeding, sleeping, anything? We still haven't gotten sleep figured out. She goes down for her naps so easily during the day and we've finally got bedtime working well but she's only giving me 3 hour stretches over night. DD1 was a terrible sleeper too but I think she was at least doing longer stretches by this point. I'm not nursing to sleep either (because DD1 was so reliant on nursing to sleep), so sometimes her first wake up is only an hour or two after I've gone to sleep. I tried the dream feed thing and didn't seem to help, I think she wasn't waking up enough to really eat.
- QOTW: All about fall - what are you looking forward to? Football and fall comfort food. Cooler weather too, I am so glad I didn't have to commute in the summer heat.
Thanks for the tag! I've been unable to keep up with much of anything the last few months due to various issues we ran into. But I think things are calming down.
- Little girl just hit 15 weeks.
- Things are going alright. She's rolling belly to back, and grabbing at All the Things. She's growing like a weed and has such a great personality.
- We're dealing with reflux right now. I'm experimenting with cutting out dairy and at some point we'll try cereal at night (I keep forgetting to pump a bottle for it). Sleep is a mess right now, I think due to a growth spurt.
- QOTW: Everything! Fall is my favorite season. Give me the cool weather, falling leaves, cider everything, pumpkin beers, etc.
river thanks for the tag!! I hate that I disappeared!
- Age/sex of your baby/babies? 3 months this past Saturday, girl
- How's it going, any upcoming doctor's appointments or developmental milestones you'd like to discuss? No appointment until early October. I constantly stress that we don't do enough tummy time but I think she's pretty strong. I'm still working on my low supply. Still taking a bunch of meds/supplements that are supposed to help, pumping in the morning and sometimes at night, waking in the MOTN to feed, never going longer than 3 hours without feeding, and we learned at the last weighted feed that even if she pops off after the first letdown and acts done I have to try and get her to nurse longer to the second letdown to get enough. This is sometimes maddening when she doesn't want to stay latched.
- Do you have any questions or concerns that you'd like advice on? Feeding, sleeping, anything? How many naps a day are people doing? Right now K has started sucking at naps and I think I've gotten complacent with the timing of them so she ends up over tired.
- QOTW: All about fall - what are you looking forward to? Hmmm we're going apple picking with all of DW's co-workers in a few weeks which should be fun! Excited to watch K as she grows and becomes more aware and engaged in everything. Also excited for Halloween. Are our babies too young for trick or treating when the candy would clearly be for us?! 😂
rosesquared We do 3-4 naps depending on duration. Sometimes DS takes 3 decent naps but might have too much wake time before bed. So, rather than putting him to bed early, we might fit in a 15 minute catnap (usually in the car) to stretch him to bedtime. I don't want to put him to bed *too* early because that would lead to an earlier wake up...no thank you.
- He is 4 months on Tuesday - I need to make an appt still! 5th child He is doing great, sweet smart, smiley guy. - I was going to do the recommended 6 month room sharing, but it just wasn't working. He sleeps in his own crib now from 9-5 then back till 7 or 730.
Naps are a mess having 4 kids in three different schools and no busses. Tues and Thus is preschool, and Wednesday is late start for middle school, early out for elementary. There is no consitansy I can get with naps. He usually naps 3 times a day.
- nothing till 6months. Both boys seem to be over tummy time. They tend to just lay there and not try to lift their heads this week but have no issues holding their heads up while sitting on our laps. Both are so close to rolling over
- our naps suck for the most part. We get the random odd 2 hour nap but mostly we're at 45 min, which apparently can be normal for this age but results in long days of putting someone down all the time.
Also Connor's milk protein intolerance is also a soy intolerance so we need to use the expensive formula when we switch, which will be sooner than later as my supply dipped again and I'm so over pumping. Right now Logan is on mostly formula while Connor gets the pumped milk to save some money.
QOTW: Halloween. I love dressing up and decorating.
4M appt Tuesday- doing great. 95% height and 29% weight...they're not worried about her weight because she's gaining and otherwise developing well...I keep all the appointment pages and compared her to #1&2...she's about 2 lbs less...my SIL is tall and thin so I'm thinking she may just be built like her. She is nursing well and taking bottles 4 at daycare..I've been dairy/soy free due to history of intolerance with other two daughters and she doesn't have any concerning symptoms for other intolerance
lastkiss we did the expensive formula for DD1...looking back I can't believe how much we spent😱did you check with your insurance? Some have coverage with an order from your doc...we did not unfortunately
Fall is my favorite season! I love the crisp weather, pumpkin farms, foods!! Plus I'm leaving work the first week of October so I'm looking forward to being home aside from ML for the first time!
lastkiss check with your insurance. The hypoallergenic formulas will occasionally be covered. We're fighting with ours to get it covered as well. We're on Nutramigen and have been for 2 months. It made such a difference for us but forking up $40 a week for a can sucks (especially when I was paying $40 for two cans of gentlease which were also larger).
Starting solids will help with the amount he takes, which can also drive the cost down. I think we do 22ish oz per day now with one meal a day?